Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Dave B Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:12 pm
Although no longer a club member (yet my login ID still seems to work on here :? ) I'd just like to thank the club for getting me started off in the world of competitive cycling back in early 2000 - and hasn't that time passed quickly? After about a decade - off and on - of racing, my efforts have finally borne fruit in the shape of winning my current club's cyclo-cross trophy for the season just gone. Never won anything before in umpteen years of riding so am very chuffed about it!
Thanks again to all and very best wishes for the future - if feeling brave I may even return to old haunts in August and have a bash at the 3rds/4ths Cycling City criterium on the 21st (although I never was much cop at road racing)....

Regards,
Dave B.

by bernard turgoose Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:31 pm
hi Dave, good to hear that your keeping OK & enjoying some riding, hope that you can join us if you do happen to come north in the summer,
Bernard T

by Dave B Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:53 am
bernard turgoose wrote:hi Dave, good to hear that your keeping OK & enjoying some riding, hope that you can join us if you do happen to come north in the summer,
Bernard T

Thanks Bernard - even if not racing in the 3rds/4ths event, I hope to be up in York again for the Cycling City crits this summer; last year's races made for good viewing.

Best wishes,
Dave B.