Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Cam B Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:31 pm
Sorry for latish posting. I won't be out on Saturday so would be grateful if someone could "stick their metaphorical hand up" and decide on a route, etc. and post something. There weren't too many takers (7) for the circuit laps around Bishopwood last week with the majority opting for the 'traditional' so will leave it for you to decide what you do. Have a good one :)
by mart66 Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:22 pm
Laps don't seem popular with the none/occassional racers - can't think why!

As stated last week, I've always thought of them as boring but necessary - bit like the turbo; however, I don't want to be trudging round Bishopwood on my own on Saturday.

I thought the week before worked well and people seemd to enjoy it. So how about a decent paced endurance ride for 2 or so hours (Malton or west route probably works best), followed by a couple of quick laps of working together round one of the race circuits and then people can think about attacking etc after that?

Definitely not racing of course - just practising attacks, counterattacks, and in my case, holding on.

I'm open to any other suggestions.

Cheers
by DamianE Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:30 pm
Hi Martin

I was going to set off at 8 and do the west route getting to Bishopwood a little after you lot start and then holding on for as long as I could. But if there's debate about which route I best come into town as I too am not going round there by myself. I wouldn't average 21mph on my tod I reckon.

Unless it's raining, I need to give the race bike a shakedown. Are we mudguard free now?
by RichardD Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:44 pm
I should be around and do not have a preference. In the past we have also done 3 or 4 laps of the Wheldrake/Escrick circuit which is a little less boring than Bishopwood? Although I will be sporting mudguards I think you are allowed to bring out the race machine in March Damian.
by WillK Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:15 pm
Marty's suggestion sounds good to me, a sort of traditional/laps hybrid. We could maybe do the Malton route and the Farlington circuit when we get to Sheriff, at least there are sone lumps to make it interesting?
by mart66 Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:20 am
Good turnout in the square. Definitely into double figures and picked a few more up on the way.

We agreed to re-group at the cross roads in Malton in anticipation of there being a split over the climbs. This was handy as Nick B punctured en route even with his super tough pave tyres on (doesn't bode well for P-R, Nick!).
Our original plan to do a couple of laps of the Sheriff/Stillington circuit was scuppered when we encountered a 'road closed' sign. So the flat 10was used as an alternative.

We really should have done two laps but the attacks started on the first and that was it. We must have lost a few at various points as I think there were only 8 or so left on the way back to town.

Good ride everyone. Well done to Damian too for still having strength to drag me and Ed round the extra few miles at the end.

Cheers