Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Melly Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:19 pm
Is anyone planning a trip to Croft on the 16th Feb, note there is no event next weekend due to the circuit having to have a "quiet" weekend due to a court injunction, beggars belief really!!! http://velo29events.com/winter-series-round-3/ I will definitely be going.

by Antlazarus Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:59 pm
I'll be entering as well. Sorry I only managed to speak to you just before the start!

by Sharpy Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:06 pm
Looks like i will be there no as my other race has been postponed... May see some of you there! :D

by G. Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:00 am
I should be there. Baptism of fire and/or ice, here we come.

by Antlazarus Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:09 pm
Greg - You jumping on the train upto Darlington? I'm looking at the 9.32, gets in just before 10.

by G. Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:54 pm
Yep. See you then.

by Sharpy Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:55 pm
Another good day out, more failed tactics and 2 hard races!

Vid from the day, not taken by me but an interesting watch....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3iuwr94sMY

by Antlazarus Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:36 pm
I've just been watching that on the turbo!

Tactics are hard to get right. I would have liked to have seen what a bit more perseverance from us both at 34.50 would have done, seemed to be pulling the line out a bit.

I'm umming and arring between training ride or going against the pros (probably for about 30 seconds) next Saturday. You?

by Sharpy Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:57 pm
Yeah I was thinking that. Looked like we could have hurt them more, when you glance back though its hard to tell. I think we should have "jumped" off the front more as well with 2 of us there going well we could have stayed away.

I am down again this weekend. I did the 2nd race on Sat, did 5 laps off the front on my own and paid the price at the end, keen to see how different it feels over a longer faster race.

It might be worth, if there are a few of us racing, to get our head together and see if we can help each other out... hold a truce until the sprint maybe? (in the Cat 4 races at least!) :D