Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:33 pm
Despite the page-full-of-postings about the weather even before we set off, nearly a dozen showed up in the square under threatening skies. Following a wind-assisted run up towards Castle Howard, the group shrunk to eight and stayed that way as the heavens opened and we started to turn through crosswind to headwind. It didn't seem to slow things down a lot though - weaving our way through standing water still resulted in an out-of-town average of 19mph and 220W. A methodical repair by Cam of the day's only puncture, and we were back by noon. Good riding, folks, and Happy New Year!

I won't be out the next two Saturdays - someone else fancy choosing the route / sorting out groups / generally keeping everyone happy?
by chester56 Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:40 pm
A timely point,I believe, to thank you Phil, amongst others, for leading the group/groups/disparate strands et al pre-Christmas and, in so doing, coping admirably with a whole host of different needs – well done and thanks – enjoy your ‘rest’ over the next few weeks
Andy

by Cam B Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:08 pm
Second that :). I have also benefited from and enjoyed the training rides put on by Phil. No mean feat working out routes, etc. and keeping 30 plus people happy ....Cheers Phil :D

by Paul W Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:49 pm
Il third that.as a newbie to cycling.many thanks to Phil for the advice given to me

by Melly Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:42 pm
couldn't agree more folks Phil's advice and own personal time, has been very useful to me, as a newbie in my introduction year to racing, and i might add all the other members who's advise and enthusiasm kept me going when it was probably easier to call it a day!!!

by PhilBixby Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:02 am
Awww shucks folks.

Now, can someone decide where you're all going on Saturday and kick off a new thread, please? :D