Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Fiona Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:08 pm
Now i haven't done many of these rides but this one was by the far the most organised and tidy of the few i have done and i thoroughly enjoyed myself, thanks everyone (in the second group).
Shame i'll be missing the next few rides but the sunny mountains of southern Spain are calling me :D
I hope you all have a good Christmas and i'll see you in the new year....if the pace hasn't ramped up too much by then :wink:

by AndyT Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:17 am
Thanks to all in the second ride, really tidy riding and a cracking pre Christmas pace!

I finished with the below:

18.1mph door to door
59.6 miles
Average heart rate 165bpm (I'm a fast beater :shock:)
Powercal suggesting 236W (for my reference really, you can't expect a £70 HRM to be all that accurate)

Andy
by timj Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:38 pm
good ride Lumpy bits seem a bit harder after a diet of a168.Here is to next week.

by Melly Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:00 am
Average heart rate 165bpm (I'm a fast beater :shock:)
Powercal suggesting 236W (for my reference really, you can't expect a £70 HRM to be all that accurate)

Andy[/quote]

AndyT from the research i did before buying the Powercal you appear to fit into the very narrow group that unfortunately suffers the most from the possible inaccuracies of the PowerCal ie naturally high heart rate or already very fit (Both categories I cant claim to be a member of !!) and you probably fit into both groups. It would be good to get our heads together and see if we can can get some repeatable results from the PowerCal, the figures ive got seem quite realistic but its difficult to quantify without comparison.

by AndyT Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:35 am
Melly wrote:Average heart rate 165bpm (I'm a fast beater :shock:)

Andy

AndyT from the research i did before buying the Powercal you appear to fit into the very narrow group that unfortunately suffers the most from the possible inaccuracies of the PowerCal ie naturally high heart rate or already very fit (Both categories I cant claim to be a member of !!) and you probably fit into both groups. It would be good to get our heads together and see if we can can get some repeatable results from the PowerCal, the figures ive got seem quite realistic but its difficult to quantify without comparison.[/quote]

I just want to use the powercal to get repeatable measures from each ride, I wouldn't dare think that 236w for the ride was anyway accurate, but it gives me something to work on at the moment.

I did a shorter ride on Sunday with it that knocked out 221w. That ride in comparison to Saturdays was easier....
I can only see this leading to getting a full blown PM at some point :roll:

Andy

by willhub Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:07 pm
I bet Strava's power calculation is more accurate.