Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by craigdabrown Fri May 14, 2021 7:38 am
As James mentions in his post, we've had to swap the next two events around, due to ongoing roadworks at Brandsby, and so the next event in our 2021 Thursday Evening T.T. Series will be on Thursday the 20th. of May on the Wheldrake Circuit.

Sign-on will begin at 6:45pm with the first rider off at 7:30pm.

We have an Organiser and Timekeepers in place for Thursday and many thanks to the people who already volunteered to Marshall over the next two weeks (PaulW, StaceyS, MichaelW and IanH) but can I ask that you check your availability for the amended fixtures and re-enter your names on the Volunteer Spreadsheet accordingly. Sorry for any inconvenience.

As a result of COVID-19, organisers do have a few extra duties to perform. These mainly concern the need for washing signs and numbers after use and ensuring that social distancing is observed both at sign-on and in the starting area. These are not too onerous and an additional checklist has been added to the standard one. All of these races are compliant with C.T.T. Guidelines.

We are now allowed to take cash on the night but if the Organiser or Competitors would prefer payment to be made Online then details of this can be found Here.

Can we also remind competitors that it is compulsory for a working rear light to be attached to your bike when starting the race and conditions may sometimes dictate that a small front light is also advisable.

Full details of all the events in this Series can be found on the Clifton C.C. Thursday Evening Time Trial Series 2021 page of our Website.

Remember, these events can only take place if enough people volunteer to run them and competitors participate.

Should be another great night.
by Kobald Fri May 21, 2021 1:28 pm
Afternoon all

Hopefully everyone has dried out a little from last night. A lot of good efforts in 'challenging' conditions with the course getting wetter as the race went on. Congratulations to all and thank you to the marshalls (Paul and Michael) and Timekeepers (Bernard, Jennie, Graham and Mark).

Fingers crossed for sunshine next week. Results posted below (apols for the formatting :? )

Number Position Name time
6 1 Richard Sharp 20.38
5 2 Joe Shillabeer 21.24
3 3 Leo Scrimshaw 23.38
4 4 Shaun Lawson 23.55
7 5 Martin Willan 24.35
15 6 Scott Caul 25.22
12 7 James Browne 25.56
18 8 Mark Laughton 25.56
17 9 Gordon Johnson 26.28
14 10 Andy Holladay 26.35
9 11 Nathan Smith 27.34
10 12 Toby Sherwood 28.08
19 13 James Sawyer 28.4
13 14 Rebecca Dawes 28.47
1 15 Bob Taylor 29.02
8 16 Orna O'Toole 29.11
11 17 Flo Phillips 30.14
16 18 Lewis Johnson 30.34
2 19 Stacey Stump DNF
by Sharpy Fri May 21, 2021 4:31 pm
I think I was drier in the shower than out on course.

Chapeau to everyone that braved the conditions.

Massive thanks to the organiser, marshalls and time keepers, I try to say thanks on the way round but even more thanks for taking time to stand out in that weather last night.

Cheers
Sharpy
by Kobald Wed May 26, 2021 5:31 pm
Hi all

Doing a quick stock-take ahead of passing on the TT numbers to David S. I know the cold affected a lot of us but the following numbers didn’t come back in...? Or at least not in to the bucket.

Could you check if you went home with numbers 9,16,17 ??

Thanks. Neil