Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by DavidShort Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:13 pm
Just a brief update. The regional CTT are paying particular attention to the quality of dynamic risk assessments, (DRA's), threatening to refuse clubs permission to run TT events in 2016 where DRAs have either not been done or found wanting. I'm pleased to report that Adrian Lumley, regional CTT, Risk Assessment officer has phoned me today that he is satisfied with what I have supplied him and what we have done. We are good to go to run events in 2016. Hoorah for that!

The tough stance is being taken because a rider, participating in a club TT, is claiming substantial damages from the CTT, ( no win, no fee claims culture), for inadequate risk management at an event. It would appear the rider ran into the back of a car?!

It just highlights the importance of ensuring the events organiser carries out and completes the DRA which then sits alongside the Generic RA for the event and also highlights the importance of rider briefings.

So, big thank you to all organisers for ensuring our DRA's meet CTT standards & a timely reminder for the forthcoming season and sadly, the ever creeping claims culture.

Kind regards David
TT Sec'