Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:36 am
How was it for everyone today then?

by stevesavage Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:34 pm
Another good ride today in lovely Winter sunshine. 20+ riders from the Square stuck together until some gaps appeared on the climb through Terrington village. The front group of 12 then did some smooth, steady through and off from Sherrif Hutton back to York. Bonus was all the roads were nice and dry so I won't have to clean my bike this afternoon!

by PhilBixby Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:50 pm
Likewise, a good ride. I stuck around at the tail-end of things to make sure everyone got back without problems. Got a mini-group of three of us doing through'n'off from the foot of Terrington Bank; steady pace but nice and smooth, and everyone was happy.

by ClaireG Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:38 pm
Good ride this morning, thanks Phil / Steve.

I hung on to the group til the longer drag before the turn to Westow and always find that even if it's just for that bit, it sets me up with a good training pace which I wouldn't muster alone.

I carried on to ride the same Malton Terrington loop and finish with av 15.4mph, so if there is anyone out there wanting a fitness/training ride, but not quite up to the 'boy racer' level then I'll be there next Sat (Cath too) and Julia is often out on these rides too.

Home for lunch by 1pm makes it a non stop alternative.