Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:55 pm
Fantastic day for a Sunday ride yesterday; light winds, well above freezing, clear skies, big views. The first breath of very early spring. As we've kept riding consistently through the winter, we were able to make the most of it and bagged 140km, riding out through the southern fringes of Harrogate, Menwith Hill and York's Folly to café in Pateley. After rehydrating on custard, we came back via Wath Bank, Grantley and Studley Royal.

Thanks to Muzzy, Andrew, Andy and Steen for company.

I'm not out the next two Sundays, but am sure the others will look after you....
by Neil.S Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:40 pm
6 of us in the square on Saturday, Craig, Pete, Ian, Nick, John and myself. After much debate about a safe route to ride in the strong westerly winds we set off in the general direction of Fewston via Ripley. Progress was tough going but steady as far as Scotton but recent illnesses and long non cycling holidays (Pete) had taken a toll and a few guys were getting a bit weary of battering into the wind so they decided to head for a café in Knaresborough and a tailwind taxi home.

Craig and I decided to press on to Fewston preferably avoiding the headwind slog up Penny Pot lane. However we soon realised that was the only route we knew and that the man with the map was no longer with us. After Mooching around the Birstwith area a bit we stumbled on a Farm Café just off the A59 and suitably refreshed plotted a route back past Arncliffe crags and Sicklinghall in Beautiful afternoon weather arriving back in York around 4

Rather enjoyed the slog into the wind for some strange reason and had a good day out despite my usual navigational challenges..