Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by craigdabrown Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:11 am
Hello again,

The Thursday evening SPOCO Series appears to be jinxed by temporary traffic lights at the moment and further discussion with Yorkshire Water has established that the roadworks between Terrington and Sheriff Hutton will still be in place come Thursday.

Therefore, with agreement from North Yorkshire Police and the C.T.C., we have had to move the venue to our Sheriff/Whenby/Brandsby Circuit.

Apologies to anyone who has arranged their participation based on the original course but I'm sure you'll understand that this is completely out of our control.

In Bernard's absence, Graham Robson will be acting as Timekeeper and Nigel, Kerry Archer (from York Tri Club) plus two other athletes from York Tri Club have agreed to marshall but we still require an Organiser for the event.

If you can help out then please reply here and add your name to the Event Spreadsheet.

Thanks again,
Craig
by Matt H Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:22 am
Gutted to lose the only lumpy course on the schedule this year again, hope we can return to it if the traffic lights are gone next week?

Thanks for arranging for Whenby to be raced this week instead, I think its most peoples favourite course...
by craigdabrown Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:53 pm
The ideal scenario will be that we can simply swap the two events and hold the Sheriff/Bulmer/Coneysthorpe event next week (Thursday the 12th. of July). But we'll require clarification/permission on that from NYP and CTC. Also assuming that the temporary traffic lights will have gone by that point.
by DavidShort Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:20 pm
Dear All,

Yes frustrating is a word I would use for impromptu road works. Fortunately I have good relations with North York's Police for them to waive statutory notice periods to accommodate course changes last minute. Hence we can at least run an event. I will do my best to reschedule events which have been disrupted to later dates. Craig and I have put a lot if effort this week to ensure Thursday night can go ahead, not easy from afar in Kent via e mail Twitter Facebook etc. Anyway, we are there now but we do need an organiser otherwise all the effort counts for nothing as the event will have to be cancelled.

Kind regards David
TT Secretary

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests