Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by mikeh Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:06 am
On 8 September this year I'm taking part in the Action Medical Research Etape Alpine Challenge. Riding over the Col du Telegraph, Col du Galibier and finishing at the top Alp d'Huez. I thought a photo of yours truly at the top of one of the Col's bedecked with a Clifton CC cap would be splendid and something for the Cliftonite. It seems however that we need a minimum of 40 caps to make the order viable for Cycleworks. Would anyone else be interested in buying a Clifton CC cycle cap?

by MarkA Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:33 am
iirc we had some of these left over tail end of last season and Phil was flogging them off cheap. might have some left?

tbh they are nothing to write home about; the peak on the version i have got (which you are welcome to borrow if can't get hold of one) is made out of similar stuff Disney style Donald Duck hats are made of. not so much a stiff peak as floppy brim :)

by mikeh Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:10 am
Donald Duck hey!

That sounds ideal for me. I would imagine the rest of me will look like a Disney character by the time I get to the top.

I would like the new design but if I can only get the old one that is better than nothing. I shall try Phil and if I can't get hold of one I'll come back to you.

by Dr Dave Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:20 am
Agreed the last lot of caps - the 'old kit' type - were useless as the peaks were soft and floppy. If Endura ones are better with a decent peak then I would defo get at least one and possibly 2.

If this was Twitter we could try and get #caps trending.....

by G. Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:47 am
I'd also get one or two if that would make up an order.

by mikeh Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:56 am
This is starting to look promising as I think most people would get one and a spare. If we can get another half dozen people who want them I'll go back to Fraz with some serious ammo. Any others?
by Melly Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:29 pm
Mikeh put me down for a couple please.

by AndyM Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:27 am
I'd buy one as well if you do put in an order.

Andy

by mikeh Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:34 pm
Cheers All,

We'll need a few more though so can anyone who does want one please post here as soon as you can so we can meet the deadline for the kit order. Thanks.

by AndyT Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:12 pm
Aye, put me down for one

by mikeh Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:08 pm
I've emailed Fraz at Cycleworks with the unsurprising number of members who would like a cap, but keep them coming. Anyone else for a cap or two?

by tomf Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:21 am
I'm in....

by Tim r Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:30 pm
You can put me down for one!

by nigelt Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:17 am
And me. I like my Endura cap so if they're like those they should be good quality

by hinch Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:03 pm
I'm in too!!