Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to co-ordinate race/event entries, lifts etc.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:37 pm
...The LVRC (veterans) 2009 race calendar is now up at www.lvrc.org!

A few local events seem to have gone AWOL since last year which is a shame, but there are still ten or so events in Yorkshire/Lincs and plenty more if you're prepared to travel a bit further. For those of you who haven't realised how time flies, you're a vet at 40; LVRC membership is £16 and advance race entry is normally £6. Relaxed atmosphere, brisk racing, and most riders want to be able to get in to work in one piece on a Monday morning.

How about a Clifton presence in vets races this year...?

by PhilBixby Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:04 pm
As a follow-up, I've entered (and would welcome company in):-
Barton Wheelers Aussie Pursuit on Sat 28th March
A1 Classic at Boroughbridge on Sun 26th April
and will also probably do the Ferryhill Wheelers vets RR on Sun 17th May, Barton Wheelers RR on Sat 6th June, and definitely the Tom Simpson Memorial RR at Harworth on Sun 21st June.

Just to start the ball rolling on BC events, am doing the Seacroft Wheelers RR on Sun 29th March, Philip Russell RR on 5th April and Pete Gannon RR on 19th April, if anyone else is firing off entries and thinking about sharing petrol costs!

by paulM Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:56 pm
Phil - I will be up for the Barton Whs event on the 28th. That actually looks like my next race. After that Phil Russell, Brid CC, hopefuuly the Hambleton Elite race then Wetwang.

by like my bike Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:53 pm
My first outing is Barton Whs (entry sent), followed by Aire Valley, Phil Russell, Brid CC, Wetwang & John Raisbeck.

A J

by PhilBixby Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:20 pm
Sounds like a few of us doing the same events then - I've entered Seacroft Wheelers, Phillip Russell Mem RR and Pete Gannon Mem RR in addition to the old codgers events.

Who else is getting out there...?

by tomf Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:22 pm
After heroic form-filling and envelope-recycling, I've so far managed to: join BC and enter the Seacroft RR.
I reckon I can race one weekend in April too (plus the TLIs) - Wetwang seems suitably local, but any opinions as to which courses are best?
Kippax shows up a few times on the calendar - anyone going to the Steve Rigby MRR in May?

tom

by PhilBixby Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:30 am
Aaaaaah, Wetwang... ...Life Hill!

Caroline's singing on the 10th May so I should be doing Steve Rigby.

by dave c Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:12 pm
As a follow-up, I've entered (and would welcome company in):-
Barton Wheelers Aussie Pursuit on Sat 28th March
A1 Classic at Boroughbridge on Sun 26th April

I'm entering those Phil plus the TLi including the 1st Croft race on 14th April.

Do you know the course for the Barton race?

Dave

by PhilBixby Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:34 pm
Excellent stuff!

The Barton Wheelers race uses a small-ish triangle of roads to the south of the town. If you look on the map there's an unclassified road which heads south which then forks, with the B1206 crossing both and forming a triangle. That's the circuit; undulating with a short, sharp climb up to the B-road and a short climb up to the finish line just past the farm called Barton Vale. Race HQ is in the town centre and everyone rides out to the start in convoy.

by dave c Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:32 am
Thanks Phil