Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Tullio Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:42 pm
After changing my mind a few times, I've finally settled on a route for next week's Club Run.

We'll meet at Bolton Abbey Station Car Park (SE 061533) at 10.15 for 10.30 start. The route I've planned is about 25m with a mixture of open hill, quarry, track and at least 1 technical downhill section. 1 section may be a little muddy but most should be good riding. As usual, the route may be subject to change if weather or riders dictate. Good Cafe at the finish!

Who's interested?

by SimonW Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:45 pm
Yep

by Allan Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:21 pm
I would have come along but I have already paid upfront for the D&W trailquest at Matlock. Maybe next time!

by Harrogate Mike Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:31 pm
Sounds good, will be able to see some more of the scar house to Chelker reservoir pipe line ( ok I'll get my coat!!)

by David Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:38 pm
Im coming - providing I can rent a bike lol

Nothing is real...everything is permitted

by Jen Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:25 am
Count me and Deb in unless this snow gets really bad !!!

by pete Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:51 pm
Sounds good to me. First official ride for me (membership card arrived the other day).

by David Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:54 pm
Paul can you rent a bike - or is it like in the middle of a field sort of thing?

by Rich Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:50 pm
Should be there too.

by Tullio Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:11 am
You still not got a bike??

The only bike hire place I've any knowledge of is Purple Mountain at Dalby Forest.

I Googled MTB Hire and it gave me this http://www.cycleweb.co.uk/lists/cy-hir.htm. There's a few listed here for N Yorks or you could try some bike shops in the area. Bolton Abbey is between Harrogate and Skipton.

by David Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:26 am
Nope :oops:

Im trying to get it threw a cycle to work scheme - but there administration people are being mean and taking along time - but i still think it's worth it.

by David Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:27 am
http://www.embsayboltonabbeyrailway.org.uk/ is this the place of the car park you are going? - as a last resort I can rent a bike from bob trotters and take it there and bring it back

by Tullio Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:29 pm
That's the place