Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by paulagutter Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:02 am
Hi all,

Perhaps I was looking at the wrong thread, but I couldn't find a discussion regarding social rides. I was looking to join any weekend social rides that are planned, so please let me know if you could accommodate another rider. I appreciate the ongoing circumstances with regard to COVID, so wasn't sure whether rides were being organised yet.

I need to train for Mallorca 312, so need to get some miles in the legs!

Many thanks
Paul
by IanH Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:42 am
Hi Paul

Theres not been a lot of action here for a while as you may have guessed, there were some changes to the website supposed to happen sometime, so this does not get used as much lately,

on the home page look down and click on the social rides section, ive just checked and it is still there, however there is still a ban on full clubrides at the moment until we hear further from British cycling, i know some smaller groups can meet up and go out together with care due to the present pandemic, I personally only go out on my own at the moment and will continue to do so for quite some time yet.

I am just a club member trying to point you in the right direction on here for info as i know it, so i hope that some more info will start to appear soon.

Thats a tough Sportive your planning to do on Majorca, ive rode there several times over the years but never any events.

Hope this has helped you a bit, in the meantime keep getting those miles in.

Ian H.

Are we there yet
by Dr Dave Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:24 pm
As Ian says there are a few informal activities - groups limited to 6 with social distancing.

This discussion board was once a hive of, well, discussion but has rather dwindled in recent years - partly as other social media platforms have become popular. Craig - club secretary - sends out a weekly email which details most formal club activity.

Keep pedalling!