Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by James Milner Mon May 04, 2020 12:24 pm
Just a reminder to everyone that our club TT series was due to begin this coming Thursday 7th May.
Obviously, with the current restrictions, the series is cancelled for the time being;at least until the end of June. However, if anyone would like to do this week's TT in their own time they can do so and post their ride on Strava and, provided you have selected Clifton CC as one of your Strava clubs, it will appear on the club's Strava feed. Unfortunately no points or prizes are available, it's just for fun and bragging rights, so why not get out and have a go! To the best of my knowledge all the courses, including the new hilly 10 at Crayke have Strava segments already set up.

This week's course is the Sutton flat 10, starting and finishing by the lay-by next to Sheriff Hutton Bridge Cricket club on Moxby Lane. Details of all the courses can be found on the club website in the section marked 'Clifton CC Thursday evening Time Trial series 2020.

Best of luck! Looking forward to seeing your times!

Ride safe and stay safe.
by James Milner Fri May 08, 2020 9:33 am
There seems to have been quite a bit of interest in this. To date 9 people have picked up the gauntlet and some good times have been posted.

I’m going to try to compile a weekly results table from the figures I have on Strava. To this end I would like to introduce just one rule and that is that the course must be ridden in the week when it was due to take place. This will just make it a bit easier to keep tabs on who’s doing what and getting the results together.

Next week’s course is the High Stittenham ‘come and try it’ event. This starts by the entrance to the village hall in Sheriff Hutton, continues through West Lillian towards Flaxton then takes the first left off that round on to the rolling road towards High Stittenham. Left at the T junction and back up the hill to Sheriff Hutton, finishing approximately 50 yards before the mini roundabout. Just 6 miles!

If you’re doing this, please remember there are no marshals on course and the NHS is busy enough as it is, so exercise a little more caution than you normally would.

Have fun. Ride safe. Stat safe.
by d1ckson Wed May 13, 2020 1:35 pm
Can't believe I missed this for the Sutton flat 10.... so the 6 miler this week - ok!

Great idea and local too!

Thanks James!