Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by craigdabrown Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:59 pm
Many thanks to everyone for helping out tonight and throughout an extremely successful Clifton C.C. Thursday Evening SPOCO Series.

If anyone spots an issue with the details then let let me know.

1. James Dickson S 0:21:59
2. James Milner V50 0:22:58
3. Joe Shillabeer J 0:23:00
4. Richard Gayle S 0:23:18
5. Gordon Johnson V50 0:24:07
6. Mark Laughton V50 0:25:21
7. Mike Jeffrey V50 0:26:28
8. Bob Taylor V50 0:26:28
9. Kevin Chapman V50 0:26:31
10. Chris Hyde V50 0:26:47
11. Rachael Holmes S 0:29:51
12. Lewis Johnson J 0:32:51
13. Tim Stephenson V50 0:42:43
by James Milner Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:10 am
Many thanks to everyone involved in last night's event and, indeed to everyone involved in making yet another successful SPOCO series. A great advert for the club! The organisation side of things was a bit last minute last night, but it shows what you can do with a bit of teamwork! Many thanks to Dave I and Craig B for helping out, as well as to Bernard for taking care of the timekeeping and all the marshals for helping things run smoothly.

Thanks must also go to David Short for pulling the whole series together and for the many other series David has organised for our benefit and enjoyment over the years. As many of you will know, David has been wanting to scale back his involvement with this and, to that end, I have agreed to take over as club TT secretary from next season. Fortunately for me David is still going to be involved in the background, so I will be able to take advantage of his experience gained over the last few years organising these events. David also has a direct line to the gods of the NYPD traffic division, without whose approval we would not be able to run these events at all!
I'm sure you'll all join me in thanking David for his many years hard work. I only hope that future series will run as smoothly as they have under David's stewardship.

Just a quick reminder that York Cycleworks have a TT at Wheldrake next Tuesday 23rd July at 7:30pm. This is not part of the Clifton CC SPOCO series but all Clifton members are welcome to take part. Unfortunately the last two events on this course have had to be cancelled due to temporary traffic lights on the course, so it's worth keeping an eye on the Cycleworks website as well as this forum for any last minute changes.

Enjoy the rest of the summer out on the roads and I'll look forward to seeing you all raring to go next spring for the 2020 Clifton CC time trial series! :D