Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by DavidShort Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:43 am
Dear All,

An early reminder regarding the above TT. As yet no one has come forward to organise the event and we still need 2 more marshals and timekeeper(s). This is the final SPOCO TT of what has been a really good series with no hitches regarding road works or weather so it would be a shame if it cant go ahead due to lack of volunteer officials.

The course is in the best shape it has been for years. The section from Carr Lane, past Goose wood camp site and on to Pottery Lane has all been resurfaced and is billiard board smooth. It has yet to be surfaced dressed with chippings so it is perfect. I have checked with the Council and there are no plans to surface dress it for at least 2 weeks.

I have tried to negotiate the start and finish to be at Fridlington Farms where there is a large parking area and a better start and finish for the event but I couldn't find Mr Boss man to get the all clear. Something for next season hopefully.

The arrangements are the same as per previous events on this course. Most of the gravel heaps have gone from where we start so there is ample parking again in the lay by adjacent to the cricket field. Unfortunately I wont be able to help out at the event as me and Suz are having a few days cycling in Belgium as from tomorrow.

The series so far has been the best attended in recent years with some big 30 plus fields, helped by our partnership with York Cycle works and York Tri clubs. It's fantastic to see the new generation of juniors coming through and ladies too. All great stuff. So, please, can we have some volunteers to ensure the series finale goes ahead.

Kind regards David
TT Sec'
by craigdabrown Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:21 am
Many thanks to James Milner and Dave I'Anson for volunteering to organise the final event of the series.

James will put the signs out and perform the risk assessment of the course on the evening but has a prior engagement immediately afterwards and so Dave has offered to collect the signs following the event.

Sign-on starts at 7pm with the first rider off at 7:30pm and it's £5 for seniors, £2 for juniors. Please try to bring the correct money on the evening, either £5 notes or change in coins, as we don't carry a float.

Hoping for a great turnout.