Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Dr Dave Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:57 am
Stu has again offered to host the annual Christmas Saturday lunch at the Cross-keys. Saturday the 22nd is the suggested date - I imagine he will shortly be posting more details but thought I'd post this to raise awareness :D

Keep pedalling!
by Dr Dave Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:48 pm
Update: Crosskeys booked for 2pm on 22nd Dec. Full 4 course Xmas-themed meal for £15 with cycling related quiz to follow. :D

Keep pedalling!
by Dr Dave Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:05 am
Just bumping this up again. In previous years we have had a good turn out and much jollity so hopefully this year will be more of the same. This is open to all members and there is no necessity to ride first - just feel free to come for the meal and fun :D

Keep pedalling!
by craigdabrown Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:27 am
CliftonRideMenu2018.jpg
CliftonRideMenu2018.jpg (73.13 KiB) Viewed 4166 times

As Dave has already posted, we are planning to have a Christmas Ride and Lunch on Saturday the 22nd. of December.

Weather permitting, the Saturday rides will be back in York for early afternoon and we have space booked for lunch at the Cross Keys Pub, on Tadcaster Road, for 2pm with a quiz to follow. This was extremely popular last year.

The menu consists of 4 courses - starter, a ciabatta sandwich, dessert and tea or coffee for £15.

Although not essential, it would help Stu and his staff enormously if anyone who thinks they might attend could e-mail christmas@cliftoncc.org with menu choices and how many people are coming.

Hope to see as many people as possible.
by Dr Dave Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:07 pm
Thanks to Stu and everyone who helped make today's Xmas ride and meal an enjoyable experience. :D

Keep pedalling!
by Graham R Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:43 pm
Another thank you to Stu for organising the food and the quiz ,
Please may I add a Happy Christmas to all and thank you for your company and encouragement this past year.

Graham R
by Jon G Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:47 am
Thanks to Stu and his staff for organising another successful Xmas Lunch preceded by a good ride :D . Merry Xmas everyone :)