Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by DavidShort Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:35 am
Dear All,

We have had some challenges with roadworks this year which have compromised the Coneysthorpe and Ganthorpre circuits. This is due to on going Yorkshire Water road works on the Sheriff Hutton, Terrington Bank section. This morning I went round the Coneystorpe route. I stopped at the road works and spoke to the site manager. He informed me that they are carrying out a rolling programme of drainage upgrades on that section of road, working their way from Sheriff Hutton toward Terrington. As a consequence they will not be finished for some months and the traffic lights will be in place for that period of time.

We cannot therefore use the circuits which include that section of road for obvious reasons.

I therefore propose to run the remaining events in the series as follows;

Thursday 12th July- Sutton 10 substitute for Coneysthorpe.
Thursday 19 July - Wheldrake 10, as per schedule.
Thursday 26 July - Sutton 10, as per schedule.
Thursday 2 August- Brandsby. rescheduled

This will give us 11 events out of the scheduled 12 events. I deliberately built in the extra 2 events into the normal 10 race series to overcome the likeliehood that some events may have to be cancelled. It is after all the peak time for surface dressing and other road works. In view of the up and coming school holiday I propose to leave the 2nd August event as the final one of the series.

I appreciate those who prefer the more lumpy, longer courses will be disappointed but these matters are out of our hands and I hope members can see it from my point of view, having to liaise with the Local Authorities, utiliites, Police and the regional CTT governing body to juggle everything about so we at least can put event on. I do check with the Highways department at the start of the year regarding their proposed road works schedule but it is very general and not specific to individual roads.

I will end with an early plea for next week. I've put myself down as 'organiser', (I'll get a ride as last man), but I still need 4 x marshals, 1 x timekeeper, time keeper assistant and pusher off.

Thanks everyone. I trust all the above meets with approval.

Kind regards David
TT Secretary