Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by DavidShort Tue May 15, 2018 6:37 am
Dear All,

I'm most grateful to those who have volunteered to help at the next TT this Thursday night. Thank you!

I would like to remind members that this is a come and try it event, a shorter course, 6 miles, to encourage those who would like to try Time Trialling. It's a simple 2 left turn course, ( technically 3 if you include the junction towards Lilling), with a few undulations on the leg towards High Stittenham.

Whilst it is primarily aimed at those new to time trialling, everyone, included seasoned campaigners, are of course welcome as are members of our 'invited clubs'. Anyone not members are allowed to ride as guests of the club. They may like it and join clifton CC!

May I remind competitors to park up where we usually do for Sheriff Hutton based circuits, in the gravel layby adjacent to the roundabout. Rider and marshall sign on willbe there. The start is adjacent to the entrance to the village hall in the village itself.

The finish is on the West side of the roundabout.

Finally, on a point of safety, PLEASE display a rear light. Marshalls mentioned to me at last weeks opening event that given the low sun at this time of day riders can be difficult to see. I know lights are neither compulsory during daylight hours nor a requirement of the CTT however WE as a club have a duty of care to members so, help us to help you.

Looking forward to see a good turn out on Thursday night.

Kind regards David
TT Sec'