Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by DavidShort Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:26 pm
Dear All,

After a Winter that has seemed to have lasted forever, and is still lingering, it is with great delight that we have the Thursday evening SPOCO TT series starting in a couple of week time on the 10th May.

I'm very grateful to Bernard and Chris for sorting out the timekeeping duties between them, there are a few gaps in the spreadsheet but I'm sure we'll get them sorted as the series progresses. I understand from Bernard that Graham Robson has stepped up to the plate to be trained up as a timekeeper. Excellent news, the more the merrier. Thank you Graham.

I would also like to thank Bob Taylor for kindly offering to organise the 10th May event which is the ever popular Sutton Flat 10. Thank you Bob! To make it easier for you. I have all the signs at my house and I'm happy to set the course up on the Thursday and collect the signs in at the end of the event. I'll also do the dynamic RA so that leaves the signing on of riders, marshals, collection of entry fees and publishing of results. There will be plenty of help on hand to cover all aspect, no worries.

I'm also grateful for Steen and Ian H who have volunteered to marshal. BUT, we do need a further 3 marshals to run the event and someone to push off so, if you would like to help, and indeed qualify for the league then let me know or just put your name on the Event Spreadsheet.

The season opener flat 10 is always very popular and everyone is most welcome, especially juniors and ladies whose numbers have increased over recent years. If you've never competed in a TT before then why not give it a try? There's plenty of help and friendly advice available to support first timers.

Once again, thank you to everyone who has volunteered to get the first event up and running. If I don't see you beforehand, perhaps over the TdY weekend, then I very much look forward to seeing familiar faces and hopefully new faces at the TT on Thursday 10th May at Sutton Bridge. Remember £5 for seniors, £2 for juniors, Organisers are provided with £25 and timekepers £10.

Here's to what I'm sure will be a great 2018 Thursday Evening SPOCO Series.

Kind regards David
TT Sec'
by Graham R Tue May 01, 2018 10:23 am
Hi Everyone, I am looking forward to the TT season and I will do my bit, unfortunately after talking to Bernard I was then entered into a charity bike ride for Alzheimer's the beginning of June so I need to get some miles in and Thursday is really my only free time during the week, so I will be free again on Thursday after the 9th June, will hope to clarify more in the next couple of weeks.
Regards

Graham R
by RichC Mon May 07, 2018 7:37 am
Morning I've added my name for marshalling this Thursday. Not done it before so if you can tell me what time to be there and point me in the right direction on the night I'm a willing volunteer.
by DavidShort Tue May 08, 2018 6:33 am
Hi Rich,

I'm most grateful, If you turn up at Sutton Bridge at the end of Moxby lane by the cricket ground for 7pm, you will be briefed, issued with a hi viz vest and allocated a point. Much appreciated.

We still need a couple more marshalls please.

Kind regards David