Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by G. Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:00 pm
Hi I'm Greg, you may remember me from winding up Kevin by going helmetless on club runs, and perenially coming 3rd in club TTs.

On May 20th I'm going for a bike ride. This is quite a long one though: I'll go to China, then down Southeast Asia, then possibly South America depending on how fast I'm going. The plan is to take about a year, and the route looks something like this.

I've got a website where you can follow me on all my InstaFaceTweet feeds, plus something resembling a blog, it's here: lostbyway.com

I'll be having a leaving bbq on the racecourse, outside Stu's pub at lunchtime on Saturday May 19th. I'll then be setting off the next day, starting from Fulford at noon. My first day is to Sheffield so if anyone wants to join me, you're more than welcome.

You can join me for the rest of the ride too of course, but you may need to be pretty nifty with giving notice to your boss :wink:
by craigdabrown Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:23 pm
Hi Greg,

Sounds really exciting.

Yes, things may be a bit quiet around here without you ruffling a few feathers during the course of a Clifton season.

We might not always agree on all things cycling-related but you’ve always contributed to discusions and supported and helped out at Club events.

I hope everything goes well on your trip and I’m sure it’ll be a fantastic adventure.

Safe riding, with or without a helmet.

Craig