Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by bernard turgoose Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:47 pm
Thanks James I will now add this date to the draft list for the Challenge ride series, and in order to give members as much notice as possible, I will then ask Craig to get it onto the website. Other rides can be added later as appropriate, for example there are no Audax rides from Wiggington listed on the Audax UK website after York Rally, so if I find out there will be others to add, then these will fit this category along with the Five Dales ride.
I would have liked to get to the social get together last night, in order to catch up with you and the other A group regulars to get their views on the Challenge Series but I am afraid the weather put me off coming. So if any one as any other thoughts and ideas for the series then please let me know by posting here as well.
by craigdabrown Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:51 pm
A Draft Spreadsheet, containing our initial thoughts on events which could be included for 2018, has now been posted on the Challenge Series Page of the Club Website.

Please have a look and if you have any comments or there is a ride which you'd like to have included then post here or e-mail ChallengeSeries@CliftonCC.org

We will require volunteers to act as ride leaders on some events. e.g. The Tan Hill and 3 Bridges rides.

Unfortunately, the inaugural "Beyond Here There Be Dragons - South" ride had to be cancelled at the weekend because of the weather and will be rescheduled for another date.
by Dr Dave Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:19 pm
There has been some discussion around running the 5 Dales ride some time this summer: Bransdale, Ferndale, Westerdale, Glaisdale and Rosedale.
We last did it a few years back and it was an excellent day out. :D

Keep pedalling!