Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Danders Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:35 am
Last weeks ride was FAB - some new trail discoveries, setting sun and some old favourites (good to see you out again Alan!!)

This week we'll meet at Sinnington, park near the river for what must be my most favourite 2 hour ride. We'll head north along the riverside, through Lastingham and up onto the moors. We then drop down into rosedale on the moors most scenic sections (make sure you look up), then hit the best single track section for 60miles, saving yourself for the seldom cleared rock garden struggle. After a short section of road we're into the trees and some fast rolling hard packed sections, bit of a climb and then feel the tyres felx and we snake down back into Sinnington.

Lights will be required for the last bit through the trees, but if you've ever thought youd try a ride with us, then this is the one to come on.

Meet at 1845 for a 1900 depart. Post her if you're coming.

Thanks

D
by nickb Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:35 am
I've never been out with you guys and would like to tag along tomorrow if that's ok...
I would be heading straight from work at nether Poppleton and be happy to give a lift to someone if required.
I'm not familiar with Sinnington but hopefully will find you!
by Danders Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:40 pm
Hi Nick

Great to hear from you! I'm expecting there will be perhaps 4 to 6 of us 'regulars' (who dont post to say that they're coming!), so it would be great to have you along also. When you reach the river that runs through the village we'll be parked up on the grass adjacent to the church. The knee pads should be a good clue that 'its us'.

We often stop for a refreshing baby sham on the way home just outside of York, so you might want to bring some marginally more presentable clothes along too. As per the 'sticky' please bring helmet etc as we dont want our new friends to be airlifted.... (and insurance says you need them too).

See you tomorrow.
by SteveW Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:57 pm
Hi David, see you later as arranged. Look forward to meeting you Nick.

Steve
by nickb Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:22 pm
Sorry guys I got caught up in the ring road gridlock and then again on wiggy road with the temp traffic lights :evil: I would have been too late. I text danders, hope he got it. I'll try again next time!