Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by RichT Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:39 pm
Looks like weather is going to warm up a bit by Saturday so reckon we should go for a hilly route! Head out via buttercrambe and then work out a route with whoever is there, to be back for 12ish.

See you in the square at 9am.
by DamianE Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:57 pm
I've got a pass Saturday, be good to ride with others for a change, see you there.
by mart66 Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:28 am
Should be there.

Looking forward to riding with real people in the real world :D

Martin
by DamianE Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:06 pm
Slight change, going out earlier, might see you on the road if you catch me ;-). Have fun guys n girls
by mart66 Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:27 pm
Well that looks like being an expensive ride!

Big thanks to you all for helpful no me get back on the road again. I've never really had a BIG issue before so am usually standing around tutting when it happens to someone else :oops:

I would definitely have been a bit stuck if I was on my own so, again, big thanks to you all for helping out. I hope the rest of the ride went well and I didn't spoil it too much.

Extra thanks to Nick B for nursing me home. It was actually quite liberating riiding a single speed - one less thing to worry about. The climbs through Castle Howard were quite tough mind!

Cheers

Martin
by RichardD Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:25 pm
Hi martin,
Glad you got home ok. These things happen once and a while. The rest of the ride was uneventful apart from a suicidal squirrel which seemed to bounce of John's front wheel without any obvious injuries. Not out the next couple of weekends but hope to be back early Feb.