Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Cam B Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:41 pm
Time to get the winter bike out! Training rides to start next Saturday. Meet at Exhibition Square to get going for 9.00. It''l be a 3 hr ride or so. Targetd at those who plan to race next season. However, this side of Xmas, we aim to keep these rides nice and steady but everyone taking turns at the front (for maximum training benefit :) ...It's ok to miss turns though if you're struggling a bit...better that than drop off the back). If you haven't come down before ...come along and give it a try!

Proposed route next week:

Start off with the “The Traditional Training Route”....that is :- York - Malton via the Buttercrambe Road, Coneysthorpe, but then divert from Trad route after Castle Howard to head to Slingsby, Hovingham, Easingwold,Tockwith -York
by Cam B Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:36 pm
Well....today started badly for me. Left the house about 8 intending to get a few miles in before getting to the Square. Passed York Racecourse as they were cutting the hedge and punctured at 8:45. Took me ages getting tyre back on and I gave up any hope of getting the square on time so headed off on a solo ride. Apologies if you were hanging around for me for too long...I'll be down next week :D
by WillK Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:22 pm
We did wonder what had happened Cam! 5 of us braved the cold wind and showers taking the suggested route. Good solid ride at a sensible pace and chapeau to new recruit Anna (?) for some very strong riding. Roads were filthy in places and with all the leaves coming down it was definitely steady on the corners. Thanks guys hope to join you again sometime soon.