Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by mart66 Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:34 pm
I'm hoping that you racers haven't checked the general forum and that's why I've only had one offer of help so far (thanks Dave C).

'On 23 June 2016 Clifton will be hosting its only Thursday evening race. We have hosted two of these for the last 5 or so years but, due to lack of volunteers, we have scaled back and are ONLY running one in 2016.

Please help to make this a success. It's at the Bishopwood circuit with the race starting at 7pm.

From memory I will need:

- 4 drivers
- 5 marshals
- a couple of bodies for signing on and to judge the finish.

So, 23.06.2016 could be a day that you could really make a difference - firstly, by casting your vote in the European referendum then helping your club run a top notch race!! '

So come on guys, we are only doing one of these this year so let's all get involved and make it a success :D

Cheers

Martin
by timj Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:18 am
I can help out just whatever u need Mart .
by mart66 Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:50 am
Cheers to Tim and Dave C.

Come on guys - let's take inspiration from Selby and Malton. Small clubs but everyone gets involved and they put on successful races.

Cheers
by Cam B Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:12 pm
I can help Martin. Let me know what you want me to do

cheers

Cam
by JohnS Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:22 pm
Martin

Was hoping to ride but happy to do my bit for the Club and drive if you need help.

John
by Max Rose Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:03 pm
I am happy to help with marshalling/sign on if you need more people. I had intended on racing but happy to do my bit for the club.

Max
by PhilBixby Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:26 am
Happy to drive / marshal / HQ or whatever....
by AndyM Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:38 pm
Put me down as well, happy to marshal!
by mart66 Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:21 am
Hi All

Great stuff - thanks to everyone that has volunteered.

I am currently battling with BC as, although the race is now on the site, it's not possible to enter!

Cheers
by mart66 Wed May 25, 2016 3:42 pm
Many thanks to all volunteers

So we have:

Drivers - Phil B, John S, Cam and Dave C
Marshals - Andy M, Craig, Tim, Max Rose

I think we are ok for drivers but may need a few more marshals and definitely need a few extras for sign on and finish line.

The entries have been steadily coming in so looks like we've got a race!

Could really do with a few more bodies to help it run smoothly though.

Cheers All
by mart66 Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:58 pm
Great stuff, Pete

I'll stick you down as a marshal. I think one of the junctions is 3 way affair.

Cheers

Martin
by mart66 Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:27 am
Hi All

We are looking pretty good for the race but could still do with a few more helpers.

In particular, I need someone to judge the finish. This is your chance to make/break someone's dreams! Admittedly, the former should be more appealing than the latter unless you are some kind of sadist...

You will have the added bonus of ringing the bell for the last lap too!

First come, first served...
by mart66 Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:27 pm
Phil, John and Dave - can you send my your car details, dob and BC number asap please.

Any takers for judging the finish?

Cheers