Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:55 pm
A really want to know how the Etap de Yorkshire crowd got on. And anyone that rode on Saturday in those conditions deserves a medal.

Nice day for us on Sunday. Handy sized group of riders in the Square, oozing quality. Alison, Heather, Eric, Steve (new boy), Andy, Steen, IanH, DrDave and self. Classic route taking in Castle Howard, and Dalby Forest Drive. Hackness was like a postcard and while Marine Drive wasn't quite The Med, it felt like we'd got somewhere. Sociable refuel in the Princess Cafe on Scarboro seafront then home via Raincliffe Woods and Troutsdale.

Back into York at 4-45, all tanks empty. Thanks for the company.

See other thread for this Sunday's plans....
by PeteN Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:47 am
I did the Etape du Yorkshire, though not with the other Cliftonites. It was Sunday, so great weather and pretty favourable wind direction. Scenery was fantastic and should look great on TV if the Tour gets good weather. Surprisingly flat route for the Dales with just a few climbs. 6 hours 40 for me, including going the wrong way at one point. I didn't think the organisation was that great, but good fun nonetheless and 125 miles in the bank for me.
by dave c Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:45 am
Hi Rob, 3 of us deserve a medal then, for the 10 am rides. Kev, Claire and myself had a good ride out to Millington via Leavening, Langton, Birdsall, Thixendale, Huggate, Warter, Nunburnholme. It even stopped raining at one point. Standard return, Yapham, Stam Bridge.

75 miles for me.

Cheers

Dave
by Jon G Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:24 pm
It bit of late post I know for last weekend.

I joined dave w, graham, Kevin, John B, Karl , mike R, and another chap I didnt catch the name of, sorry he did his own thing and finished well before the rest if us in the first and probably last etape de Yorkshire.

I won't divulge our finishing times which were not that great down to relaxing too much at the feed stations. Happy with the route bearing in mind they were following the tour route however they should have avoided going down the a65 considering they tweaked the route after mash am to avoid the A road through ripon to ripley.

We went via grewelthorpe and Kirkby malzeard on a recently resurfaced road covered in chippings :evil:

Organisation was pretty good considering the number of entrants

Witnessed a few accidents en route. One chap careered into the back of car at the first feed station

And annoyingly considering it was such nice weather all day we got p**s wet through in the last 2 miles into Harrogate.

Thanks for ride guys sadly I won't be out with the inters for a few weeks because of various things probably not until Le Tour arrives in town :D

Jon

:)