Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to post announcements about Sportif rides, offers the club has received and similar such stuff.

Moderator: Moderators

by Cam B Sat May 03, 2014 2:01 pm
Date for Your Diary: Saturday 12 July.

With York “abuzz” (not really a proper word that :? ) with Le Depart on the previous w/e it seemed a good idea to resurrect the Come and Try It Time Trial. Aimed squarely at novice riders....young and old... oh... and not forgetting that group in the middle as well. You definitely don’t need to have any of the following to ride this: a posh bike/pointy helmet/skin suit/ shaved legs...You won’t be turned away if you pitch up with any of these but you will have the misfortune of seeing my “frowny face”....which is not very pleasant at all I can tell you :) Details still being firmed up but we are looking at using the circuit at Appleton Roebuck. It’s flat and only about 5 miles long...It’ll be entries on the day. At only two quid it’ll be a bargain....There will be prizes and almost certainly cake!!!. What more can you ask!

Oh....and we will need some volunteers to help out on the day....At this point we’re looking at 3 marshals, a time keeper and a ‘Pusher-offer’...as a minimum. Please post here if you can spare some time on the day to assist.
Cheers
by Cam B Fri May 16, 2014 9:55 am
Apologies to all who have volunteered or who were looking forward to riding it but we have been unable to reach a mutual agreement with the CTT (Cycling Time Trials) about certain aspects of the event and the use of the Appleton Roebuck circuit so I’m afraid that we will be cancelling the event.