Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by mikeh Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:27 am
A massive thanks to the kind people of Clifton CC once again. Following my posting last week mentioning my ride in Chianti this Sunday in L'eroica I have received some tremendous messages of encouragement and sponsorship on my fundraising page. A special mention must go to Melly who found the bike I re-built for this Sunday's event in his neighbour's garden. It has been a long journey!

I'm currently writing this posting from a hotel room in Florence looking out onto last weeks World Championship course. The weather today is lovely but looks to change to thunderstorms in Gaiole in Chianti for tomorrow and Sunday. Just my blooming luck!

I'll let you know how the 59 year old Carpenter gets on over what will be a very messy strada bianche, or as I prefer to call the white Tuscan roads, martini bianco!

Good luck to all those taking part in the Club hillclimb on Sunday. I am bitterly disappointed that I won't be there to improve on last years very poor 9mins 9 seconds. Much fun though and I wasn't last!

Anyone else wanting to help me get over the £10,000 mark in 3 years of fundraising please do go to www.action.org.uk/sponsor/mjdh

Thanks again