Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by RH mtb Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:18 pm
Hello all,

following a kicking in yesterdays realibility ride, Im now inspired in giving either c2c isle of man and/or Under The Ben a go....

maybe its me, but reading previous messages im unclear whos doing what? Is there anyone who fancies teaming up for the ben or is the clifton crew already established?

cheers

Richard H
by willowtrousers Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:04 pm
Hi rich,

I'm considering under the Ben too but not as a solo act so if you wanna team up let me know.

Chris.

by RH mtb Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:36 pm
Hi Chris,

thanks for getting back to me mate...thats great....shall we see if there are some others who would like to enter also? or ride as a duo? Problem with this is that I plan to ride the ben, then stay with some friends in edinburgh for remainder of the week to then be around for the Glen-Tress weekend, so I guess it would be good if there are a couple of vehicles going up....otherwise theres the train? Whats your thoughts?

Richard

by Lilly Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:39 am
10ontheBen:
Rich there's a few of us already paid up for it, I know of Em&Ian, Me&Steph,Jay&Sas...

by Chris Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:29 pm
Me + mate are signed up too. You all camping on site?

EDIT: Also, any ideas on travel? Van hire might be on the cards if theres enough of us going....

by willowtrousers Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:47 pm
Rich,

I'm going to Glentress too so I could drive us there for the Ben and pick you up the next weekend? or do you need your car to get about? looks like theres loads of us going so I sure we can sort something out. I'll ask about borrowing a van from work nearer the time too.

A duo is fine with me, think i'm in for quite a kicking though!

by RH mtb Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:19 pm
Hi all,

Thats great....Ok chris lets do it and enter as a pair mate.....great to see we now have a posse going up!! :D Shall I enter the pair of us? If so i guess I will need some of your details?

Im thinking of popping over to Edinburgh after the event for the week and probs need my car? Lets just get entered and work out logistics nearer the time.

Richard

by anotherpaul Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:09 pm
Me and jeff have just entered 10 under the Ben! Woop woop! :D

by barberj Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:13 pm
Me and Another Paul have entered. I seem to have lifted Paul into Vet territory with our combined ages. Should we look at booking a bunk house or chalet?

by StephF Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:27 pm
Camping?

by StephF Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:33 pm
Let's get a marquee and the Clifton flag and a barbie again. We have 12 Cliftonites so far. It will be worth it now. Anyone volunteer to come support us (cooking and things)?

by barberj Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:19 pm
Has everybody else booked a camping pass at £5 each?

by anotherpaul Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:59 pm
Based on my previous midge tormented camping experiences in Fort William I've booked into the backpackers bunkhouse (http://fortwilliambackpackers.com/)

by anotherpaul Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:02 pm
barberj wrote:Me and Another Paul have entered. I seem to have lifted Paul into Vet territory with our combined ages. Should we look at booking a bunk house or chalet?

VET!!!! WTF!!!??? :shock: