Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Danders Tue May 17, 2016 6:14 am
The weather forecast has given me two quite different forecasts this morning, so will defer proposing a ride until tomorrow morning. Will either be sutton bank area if the weather is good, or dalby if the weather is poor. Either will be a good one to join us for if you're a bit rusty..

Sort your bikes and gear out this evening folks, but no need to post if you're coming just yet.....
by Austen Tue May 17, 2016 3:34 pm
Hi guys,
If the rides is on i would love to come. I would need a lift please as the dvla won't let me currently drive. Is this possible? Austen
31 royal avenue, Huntington hu10 9js.
:P
by Danders Tue May 17, 2016 6:29 pm
Hi weather forecast looks 'ok' so lets do a ride starting at the rear car park at Sutton Bank visitor centre. meet 1845 for a 1900 start.

Front and back light advisable, although we probably won't need them.

We'll pick up the path north along the ridge, before turning east. After a short section of road we turn north and drop into a couple of steep valleys. On the next ridge ride east again and down into the valley (contains Rievaulx), climb past the barn with all the birds, cross more valleys on single track and climb back up through the woods to the start point. No fire roadslogs - guaranteed!! A few hills mind....

post here if you're coming. Austin - lets see who else is coming and if a lift is available.

D
by jwood Tue May 17, 2016 9:02 pm
Count me in also, I am sorry but I can't offer a lift as I will be going straight from Leeds. Jeremy
by Austen Wed May 18, 2016 8:20 am
If anyone can give me a lift then that will be great. If not i entirely understand and i'll hopefully see you all next time.
Here's my number for a quick contact if needed: 07464 593601.

Austen :x
by Chris Wed May 18, 2016 8:57 am
Can't come tonight (just come back from hols... nothings sorted!). Boooo.

Enjoy!
Chris
by Debs Wed May 18, 2016 12:40 pm
Danders! How fast do you guys go these days? I'm tempted to join you but am returning from injury with a major loss of fitness and mojo...I'll put my lights on charge....
by jwood Thu May 19, 2016 9:47 pm
A post for anybody thinking of coming out on the Wednesday MTB rides,
We had a very good ride last night starting and finishing at Sutton Bank. About 14 miles total with some good downhill mixed with the inevitable uphill!
We stopped to admire the 'Best view in England' and spotted several birds( some unidentified) a deer, sheep (cute lambs) and several friendly dogs.
The rides are varied and normally last about 2 hours with stops for nutrition and are a great way of finding new routes to ride, mostly away from Trail Centres, so come and join us.
Thanks to Danders & Phil for organizing.