Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Danders Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:41 pm
Light evenings, but lights still needed.

Forecast looks good (not as good as Spain...), dry but a bit chilly.

Suggest we meet in main car park in Dalby and see how we get on with a 2 hour ride. For those interested in which route we might take, we'll probably take the one that after the first section comes out of trees up and across the path, past the junction, then takes you around the back to the climb etc etc (I've no idea really- we make it up as we go. So if you fancy riding on 'not the red' then this is what we do)

Front lights, a passion for nearly falling off and GSoH required. post it here if you're coming

D
by Austen Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:25 am
Danders,
I'm fairly new to the club. Can't come the 20th, but would like to trial future events. Competent riderr with kit, live in Huntington. Not able to drive, but finances for fuel and beer.
Would a lift with a fellow rider be posible in the future?
:D
by SteveW Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:06 pm
Dave,

Sounds good - especially the route!

Austen, you'll be very welcome and I'm sure we can arrange transport etc. What kind of riding do you normally do?

Steve
by Danders Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:23 pm
Hi Austin

Glad to hear from you and good to know you're thinking about us!

Our recent survey of Alan revealed that 110% of our riding is slogging uphill so if you have a bike and can ride you should fit right in. Other members think we do do some flat and downhill.... We tend to ride Dalby in the winter as trees protect us from the worst of the weather and we can get back to the car park quickly if our lights start to pack up. From about now on we try and escape the trees and get out onto the moors. I'm thinking of proposing our Sinnington ride for next week if the weather looks ok.

Transport is a little dependant on who else is coming, but as Steve says its how the rest of us get there. You might need to be willing to ride to the ring road or something though for a pick up (e.g. you might've seen someone on a fat bike cycling two junctions on the A1237 at 1745 on a Wednesday over the winter (and I still beat the traffic despite oblong tires at 5psi!!)) A beer stop is de-rigour so please come along, and we'll remember your very generous offer next time we need a big spender to buy a round in the Hawnby Hotel

Steve - glad you know the route I'm talking about, see you tomorrow

David
by Phil Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:56 pm
Count me in .
I'm glad some of my descriptions of the route have finally become understandable to everybody..
Austin, look forward to riding with you soon.
Phil
by Danders Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:27 pm
Ok so I'm only expect 4 of us tonight. Cheers folks