Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Jez Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:29 am
Hi all,

Just thought I'd ask whether there was any preference on which day (Saturday or Sunday) would be best for everyone.

Thinking Saturday may be preferable as not too many riders on the last two Sunday rides?

Regards,

Jez
by Danders Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:19 am
Hi Jez

Personally Ive found my weekends pretty full, but as a rule Saturdays are easier than sundays. Having said that, a group also goes out Wednesday evening and we have a great time - but not many of us compared to a few years ago. Same for the weekend rides Ive been organising in the Lakes. We've done some great epic rides and still only 3 or 4 of us....

Hopefully I'll be able to join the next weekend ride!
by SteveW Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:39 pm
Hi Jez,

I would prefer Saturdays, but I've simply had other engagements or short breaks on the last 2 rides.

Regards,

Steve
by Chris Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:14 pm
Saturdays are best for me also. I think generally we'll get a better turnout on Saturdays because of the psychological feeling that you "still have Sunday" to do all the jobs you're meant to be doing on Saturday...

Sorry I haven't been available for the last 2 rides - getting married end of August, so my day pass has been largely rescinded until then :( September is increasingly being referred to as "BIKE MONTH"...

I also have a new bike! Woooo!

Chris
by Jez Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:50 pm
Thanks Dave, Steve and Chris for the feedback.

Good to know Wednesday rides still going well, even with fewer riders than previously.
May join you for the September Lakes trip, just need to check my schedule.

Chris - congratulations and all the best for the wedding.