Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by SteveW Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:17 pm
Anyone interested in joining us this year for our annual Robin Hoods Bay evening ride? We normally pick an evening around late June or July for maximum light, and previously we've parked at Hole of Horcum and gone off road to Robin Hoods Bay, had fish and chips, and cycled uphill back to the cars.

However, the suggestion this year is to do the reverse route, so starting at Robin Hoods Bay, so we have the downhill back to the bay, with fish and chips to finish with. This obviously means a longer drive, and one option is to camp overnight when we get back to the coast. It also means an earlier start, or we'll miss the food!

If you're interested, please post here, with your preferred route direction, dates / days of the week (mid week or a Friday evening?), and preferred start times.

Any other suggestions are welcome!

Steve
by Danders Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:21 pm
Hi Steve

I can do, 22nd, 24th or 29th July, or 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th Aug

would be great to do again - these dates assume some degree of overnighting - Friday and Sat nights are easier to manage though!!
by Phil Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:45 pm
I can do any Wednesday and most weekends . I think we will need to set off about 2.00 pm to return in time for fish chips & beer in the sun :wink: , if we intend to camp overnight at robin hoods bay.
Phil