Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by StephF Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:56 pm
We are running a trip to bike park Wales on the weekend of the 9th/10th August.

"BikePark Wales was born from a passion to create the best mountain bike facility in the UK, the UK's first full scale bike park to rival the best in the World. The BikePark Wales team have slaved day and night for 5 years to create this incredible facility. BikePark Wales is built for riders, by riders."

The trail map is here: http://www.bikeparkwales.com/trails

Please let me know if you are interested

Steph
by SteveW Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:04 pm
Steph,

I'm interested, but can't go that weekend due to work commitments I'm afraid.

I'm sure lots of others would enjoy the riding there - if you haven't been away for a MTB weekend this is an ideal opportunity! If you have tried it, you know you want to go again, so get booking!

Steve
by Chris Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:24 am
Please put my name down for this!

Chris H
by catlike Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:11 pm
Count me in Steph!

Thanks for organising.

Ian
by Phil Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:12 am
Count me in .

Phil
by Phil Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:28 am
Hi Steph , Have you any information regarding accommodation or camping etc for the weekend at Wales bike park . Also meet times and locations for rides, any other info much appreciated. Thanks Phil
by Chris Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:01 pm
Hi Guys,

I haven't heard anything back w.r.t. any details yet, so I just in case I think we should start the ball rolling on getting something organised.

Accommodation wise who is up for camping, bunkhouse, or B&B? I'm easy either way, especially when there's a 12-person tent on offer if we choose camping....

In terms of lifts; who can offer and who needs one? I'm in need of a lift!

Chris
by StephF Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:47 pm
I am unable to do this trip now, sorry for the late notice and lack of organisation. If you would like to organise it amongst yourselves that would be brill. There is a nice campsite a couple of miles away down the main road that Bike Park Wales is on (turn left onto the main road out of Bike Park Wales)

Steph
by Chris Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:57 pm
Hi Steph - do you remember the name of that campsite?

What do you guys want to do w.r.t accommodation? Camping will be <£10 per person for the weekend, but there's a bunk house option for £40 for the weekend too. Forecast doesn't look too great currently.

Please reply asap and I'll book something.

Chris
by Phil Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:31 pm
Hi Chris, I'm still interested in going but with the lack of numbers and the dodgy weather forecast it would be along way to go for a wet weekends riding. Maybe go another weekend or and this weekend somewhere closer to home. Lets keep an eye on the weather and see if anyone else replies.
Phil