Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by HannahW Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:42 am
Hi all,

Our monthly mtb ride is THIS SUNDAY! Meet at Sutton Bank visitors centre at 10am, bring £4 for parking.

I'm leading the "steady group" and have a couple of ideas depending on how steady we are feeling!

Karl is leading the "racing snakes" on the new red route (although I was up there yesterday scoping out a plan and I couldn't find a red route - where is it hiding? (quick google search said it would be open this summer?!?))

I'm also conscious that this Sunday is Fathers Day (sorry, I didn't pick the dates of the rides) so:
a) please post below if you are riding
b) I won't be offended if you chose to spend the day hanging out with your Dad or kids (if you are a Dad) rather than pedalling with me!
c) you are welcome for the reminder to buy a fathers day card, hee hee (all part of the service :wink: )

Hannah

30 miles = Slice of cake
by Karl M Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:42 pm
Hi all and thanks Hannah.
As mentioned, the Sutton Bank new ‘red route’ was the "slightly faster group's" planned ride, but the route is far from being completed.
It’ll be one to try later in the year.

However the weather forecast for this weekend is excellent: 17C and dry.
So instead the ride will take us on some nice classic trails (a few sections are to be reccy'd one evening this week, to ensure they’re good to go on).
We’ll do 2 hours cycling before a café stop, a little less afterwards and will likely eat at Osmotherley’s “The Coffee Pot.”

See you 10am at Sutton Bank visitors centre!
:D
by HannahW Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:01 pm
Ah, ok. So my ideas are now down to two:
The blue route, but that's only 7 miles
Or my favourite route round there which is about 20 miles and stops at the same place for lunch as Karl's ride.

30 miles = Slice of cake
by barberj Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:08 pm
I can make it if someone will give me a lift from York? The car is not running and booked in for the garage.

Thanks

Jeff
by SteveW Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:50 pm
Jeff,

I can give you a lift as long as we're back in York for about 5pm as I start work at 6. I've sent a PM to you with my contact details on.

Steve Wilson
by HannahW Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:26 pm
Thanks for a great ride out guys, really nice to have such a good turn out and catch up with people.
Xx

30 miles = Slice of cake