Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Tullio Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:49 am
Just giving you all an early heads up to confirm that this year's trip will be the weekend of 13/14 September.

For those that haven't been before the format is simple. We meet drive somewhere on Friday evening then have 2 days under our own steam, carrying everything we need stopping overnight on Saturday. The routes are mostly off road and on not ridden in advance so there's usually a surprise or two on the way. The trip isn't for everyone; the riding can be tough at times often with some hike a bike and you need to be completely self sufficient and capable of fixing your steed if it breaks in the middle of nowhere. We always have a lot of fun though.

Not quite sure where we're going yet but I've had a few requests for some repeat bits of previous years so I've some ideas.

Email me or post here if interested. Places will be limited due to accommodation mainly.
by barberj Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:25 pm
Can I put my name down. Thanks Jeff
by anotherpaul Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:07 am
I'm a huge fan of these weekends away... Please can I put my name on the list. :D

Cheers.
Paul
by PhilH Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:08 pm
Best put me down for some more 2 day fun as well...

Cheers

Phil
by Lilly Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:16 pm
Best weekend of the year - although this year it has competition of course :)
Two please.
by Chris Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:51 pm
To prevent spamming everyone's email inboxes, I think it best if we organise lifts using this thread (at least the who in which car part!).

With that said, I'll be the first to unashamedly ask: can I pikey a lift pretty please?

Chris
by barberj Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:45 pm
I can give a lift to two people and bikes from York on Friday. I would be leaving around 5:30pm(ish).

Jeff
by Chris Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:50 pm
Yes please to 1x of those spaces Jeff. Thank you!

Chris
by barberj Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:19 pm
OK if you could PM me your address and phone details.

Jeff
by Tullio Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:24 am
We've had 2 late cancellations for this trip so now have 1 male and 1 female space available.

Short notice I know as it's this weekend but drop me a line if interested.