Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Gill C Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:13 pm
This years Easter Trip is going to be the on the banks of Ullswater and the base of Helvellyn. The MTB riding is good and natural and we are staying on the Fred route for roadies.
We are going Friday 18th April until Monday 21st. Accommodation options are Camping at Gillside Campsite Glenridding and Helvellyn YHA. The YHA currently has space. If you intend to stay in the YHA it is advisable to book now directly with the hostel and post here to say you have. I have provisionally booked a few Campervan slots at Gillside Farm as they only had a few left. Please let me know if you are staying in your van this weekend? Camping is on a first come first served basis, please let me know if you are going to camp as we will try and save you a space. Hopefully we will go up Thursday after work?
by Lilly Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:37 pm
Fab thanks for organising Gill, we will bring the van - arriving Friday.

Thinking is we will bring both road and mountain bikes :)
by Danders Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:14 am
Hi Gill

Luan and I will be there, will bring mountain bike for the good stuff, touring bike for a gentle road ride and cake. Will be in camper, assuming it goes back together again

D
by catlike Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:58 pm
Sounds amazing:-) thanks for sorting Gill!

I'm coming for Friday and Saturday, and doing family stuff the other 2 days.

Cheers

Ian
by Jez Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:17 pm
Thanks Gill - I've booked a spot at the YHA ;o)
by Gill C Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:36 pm
Hello, I have sent a mail to everybody who is going to the lakes riding Easter weekend. Please Let me know if you have not had the mail?

Looking forward to it!

Gill
by jayw Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:15 am
Hi all I'm posting for Sarah as she can't remember her login. Sarahs up for comin & wants to camp but can't get there till Thursday night, she just wants to know if anyone's getting there earlier would someone put her tent up to reserve a space please. If someone is able to do that please let Sarah know cheers :D
by Tullio Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:55 am
I think most aren't getting there til late Thurs or Fri morning so Sarah maybe first there. We're riding from the campsite on Fri starting 12.30. Weather looks perfect so should be a good one :D
by Phil Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:51 am
Hi Gill
I'm looking to come up on Friday in the van , just wondering if any room is left at the campsite for Friday & Saturday night.
Thanks Phil.
by Gill C Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:32 pm
Hi Phil, glad you can make it. The Campsite operates on a first come basis , but we have turned up August bank holiday before and got a spot. Hopefully your van does not need an electric hook up as these have to be prebooked and have all gone.

I have sent an email about arrangements to everybody. Basically to ride Friday meet 12 noon at the campsite ready to ride at 12.30 . Bring your own BBQ stuff Friday evening weather permitting and pub meal Saturday night.
Pm me your email address and I will send you it.

Looking forward to seeing you Friday.

Gill
by Phil Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:13 pm
Thanks Gill, See you Friday.

If anyone wants a lift PM me, I will be going up Friday AM and returning Sunday PM.
Phil