Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Karl M Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:29 am
Sorry for a late suggestion, but with cycling in Spain featuring recently, how about doing this little known ride?
Foresto del Dalby's la Ruta Roja

The trails are in good condition and the forecast is for a dry and mild evening.
Excelente!

Meet 6.45 for 7pm at the main car park (for newcomers, we leave York at 6pm, have 2 hours of cycling and back home a little after 10pm).
Please post if you’re coming.

by Mr B Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:04 pm
Karl,

I will join you tonight if your still going. Have lights, as yet unused, so fingers crossed!

Hasta luago!

by Karl M Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:17 pm
Hi Neil,
Sadly I think we should only be going *if* there is a third rider who posts their attendance or txts me.

It’s due to safety- if either of us have an accident in the forest and the other has to go to the car and get mobile phone reception for an ambulance, or just to drive the car near to the injured one for collecting, then we’ll have split up and both be on our own. Not good.
(I've heard the local deer population start nibbling on injured cyclists' toes after a while...).:wink:

So 3 is the minimum number for these night rides for safety’s sake.
If nobody else posts on the forum by 5.40 pm, please assume that the ride is cancelled.

Sorry about this but you appreciate that we need to be careful.
Today's rain after a dry period has dampened spirits, but see you around soon,

Karl. :D