Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by SteveW Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:28 pm
The club ride this Sunday will be a route starting at Chop Gate car park (12 miles north of Helmsley on the B1257), where there are toilets. Bring change for parking. Meet at 10am, for a start no later than 1015. Grid ref SE 559993.

It will be a mixture of double track and singletrack, with very little roads. There's plenty of variation to keep most people interested !

The route will be east onto the Moors to Tripsdale, down to Cockayne, up to Bloworth Crossing, north onto the Cleveland Way, then back to Round Hill via Ingleby Moor. We'll then drop down to the road, and subject to time and group wishes, onto Hasty Bank and Cold Moor, for the final fun descent to the cars.

Total distance around 25 miles, total ascent 1300 metres - suitable for all. There are short cuts back to the cars for those feeling less energetic. (If anyone wants to lead a steadier group, let me know and I'll send suggested route / shortcut details).

The Buck Inn pub at Chop Gate is handy for food / drinks afterwards.

Please post if you're coming !

Steve
by borabora Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:53 am
We are not members of the club but if we can we will definetely give a try.

Bora & Sharla

by Mr Marmite Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:32 pm
Hi Steve,

I'm game for coming for a ride!

Do you want to car share?

Adam

by Ros Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:14 pm
Hi Steve
I am sort of up for this, what sort of speeds are you thinking of doing? Post states 'suitable for all' but then advertises for a steadier ride volunteer :lol:
Thanks
Ros

by Karl M Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:29 am
Following Steve’s nice route description on a map of the area, I’d certainly like to come with you.

Ros- I don't know how others feel about ride speed, but personally happy to go at a Steadier pace.
Perhaps anyone who feels particularly energetic could ride up the first two hills a second time?
... And by the third hill choose not to. :wink:

by Phil Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:50 am
Count me in .
If anyone wants a lift I can fit two people in plus plenty of room in van for bikes.

by anotherpaul Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:19 pm
Sounds great... I'm in! :)

by Jez Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:37 pm
Be rude not to..... Count me in.

by Catherine Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:53 pm
Hi

I am not a club member and haven't been out with the club before but I would really like to join you on this ride. I am certainly not able to speed ride though - so hope that is ok! catherine

by SteveW Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:29 am
Hi all,

A few answers / replies !

Adam - good idea - I've sent you a PM with my contact details on.

Bora & Sharla, Catherine - it will be great to have you join us ! We don't go excessively fast on the club rides and don't leave people behind, so will stop and wait for people to catch up. However, you may be waiting for us to catch up with you ! If you've done some off road biking and have a reasonable fitness level, you should be fine. If you can do Dalby red route, you won't have a problem with our club rides.

Ros (and anyone else this might interest) - the route I have in mind is varied and does include some steeper sections (up and down), but these are relatively limited and can be walked if necessary. The rest should be straightforward and I'm sure you'll be fine - only one way to find out !

See you all tomorrow,

Steve

by willowtrousers Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:50 am
Hi, sounds nice I'll be there.

by Ros Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:51 am
Me 2 :D

by Nigel Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:05 pm
Hi, I'm a relatively new member and think it's about time i joined in on a MTB run, so see you there.

Nigel.

by Nigel Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:28 pm
Really sorry for the no-show guys,

Got my sat nav wires crossed with meeting point and ended up hopelessly late with no phone numbers or signal.

Again, appologies for the muppetry. :oops: