Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Ian S Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:58 pm
For those of you that don't know, Clifton run a very well subscribed Go ride session for our junior riders every Saturday morning at the cycle circuit at Heslington.

We are planning to run a Kids MTB session along similar lines on Friday evenings commencing next week (Friday 16th). Depending on uptake, we plan to run this weekly for the remainder of the school holidays (probably 4 weeks).

The possibilities of where to take the session are open ended, but intially we will begin with a one hour session at Rawcliffe Country Park starting at 1800.

The session will be a gentle introduction to riding off road, and will be suitable for ages six up to sixteen.

A suitable bike, helmet and gloves will be needed, and two coaches (Paul and myself) will be running the series.

Please pass word of this on to friends with kids who may be interested, and please feel free to message me with any queries.

Cheers,
Ian. :)

by Ian S Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:16 pm
Should point out that the age range has been amended, six to sixteen years.

Thanks.

by Paul meillo Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:52 pm
A successful evenings kids session lead by Ian and myself seemed to go well and enjoyed by seven young riders aged from six to eight years old.
Thanks to Jasper [aged 15] for being a great helping hand and all the parents for attending.
We are hoping numbers will keep growing and more people will get involved.
Paul.

by Ian S Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:22 am
Thanks for everyone coming to the first session.

We are going to miss the next two weeks due to shortage of coaches, but will post on here and circulate emails around those already registered when we are running the next kids MTB session.

Thanks