Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Karl M Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:34 pm
Hello all,
Sunday’s weather forecast is great.
So how about if we meet at Hole of Horcum car park at 10:00am?
During 5 minutes in the car park with an OS map spread on the bonnet, we could decide the best route from either of these or your own ideas:

#Fast group to Goathland (eat in a café at Goathland- similar route to Feb 2011, but drier):
http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=556131 30+ miles.
(When viewing these routes, click “cycle”mode and ignore the distance- it’s very understated because of the straight lines drawn quickly).
# OR Fast group through Cropton forest and Dalby red route (eat at Horseshoe Inn at Levisham- same route as May 2012):
http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=556161 28 miles.

# Steady group through Langdale forest (eat at The Moorcock Inn):
http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=556157 20 miles and 3-3.5 hrs in duration.
# OR Steady group through Langdale and Dalby forest (eat at Horseshoe Inn at Levisham)- same route as Steve W gave last May.
A map will be given to whoever likes to do a little simple orienteering and have the Steady group follow them (i.e. informally lead the group).

Perhaps some of the proper MTB'ers can tweak these routes for the better.
That way, those attending can create the ride they want (longer? more technical? more woodland? moorland etc.).
See you on Sunday.
:D

by Jez Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:00 pm
Sounds good to me Karl. Is anyone else interested?

by Mr Marmite Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:01 pm
Hey guys....

I will be coming out for a ride!

Adam

by SteveW Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:40 pm
Hi All,

I wasn't going to be able to ride due to other commitments, hence no previous posts, but these have been rearranged so I can come out and ride now !

Thanks Karl for the above suggestions - I like the Goathland idea, but we'll see what the consensus is in the morning.

Don't forget some change for the car park at Hole of Horcum.

Is no-one else coming out in such good weather ?

See you in the morning,

Steve

by cgray Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:30 pm
I'm a new member so I will be there. Its been a while so my fitness may not be up to yours guys, so I hope it's ok.

by SteveW Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:55 pm
Karl,

Many thanks for leading the ride today - brilliant route with fantastic weather, great views, a good mixture of steep technical sections and fast, dry, and rocky moorland riding. Lunch at Goathland with the old cars etc, and the steam trains were also a bonus !

It was good to see a new rider with us too - hopefully we'll see him back soon.

Steve

by cgray Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:17 pm
I will be guys,

I will change my tyres to my faster rolling tyres, and when I got home to clean the bike, I found the front brake was dragging a bit, it must of got some dirt in, so it was like I was riding with my front brake on, no wonder I was getting tired so quick.

But hope to see you guys soon.