Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by cgray Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:57 pm
Hi Guys,

What is the plan for the 9th of June Sunday ride. I wanna join you guys as I just recently joined and I have still not been on a ride.

Anyone have space in their car. Willing to share petrol?

Thanks
Chris

by SimonW Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:47 pm
As soon as someone volunteers to lead this ride, I am sure they will post details.
If not, unfortunately it will be cancelled.
Same applies to 30th June.

Simon

by lugster77 Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:29 pm
I've posted about a mtb sportive/enduro type thing for 30th June but nobody apart from 1 other person has responded positively....
I appreciate folk might be put off by any competitive element,however it's a ride through the dales (around fremlington) that's signposted,with food stops and will be on lots of stuff that isn't normally open to the public. So it technically requires no leader as such, even the enduro over the same course is only timed over the actual stages with transitions at your own pace so easy to ride as a group and then make your own way at your own pace over timed bits etc etc. I've never yet managed to get out on a Sunday ride so don't know what the usual crack is but if nobody is wanting to lead a ride or whatever then surely something like that is perfect?
Here's the link if anybody is interested.....
http://www.ardrockenduro.co.uk/
Ps. Just to state I have no involvement in this event other than taking part! :D

by lugster77 Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:13 pm
My post is about 30th June in reply to saying there'd be no ride unless a volunteer appeared to lead a ride that particular date...

by SimonW Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:39 am
Hi lungster,

Sorry I didn't reply to your ardrockenduro post, I am a big fan of endures but unfortunately I am not able to make that weekend.

Unfortunately this event will not make a good club run. The idea behind club runs is to be as inclusive as possible, events like this are far too elitist.

Thanks for the idea though, keep them coming.

Cheers,

Simon