Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Debs Tue May 21, 2013 2:34 pm
So....some of know of my slightly silly idea to ride from the Hole of Horcum cross country to Robin Hood's Bay eat fish and chips and back (on a slightly different trail). Anyway I've trawled my diary and spoken with a couple of you and feedback is to keep it to a Wednesday.

So WEDNESDAY 3rd July - mark it in your diary :)

We'll need to meet at 6:30pm I think - it's around 16 miles ish to Robin Hood's Bay....and a little longer back...may be...hmmm. Anyway assuming the weather is kind it should be a laugh. However...please bear in mind that we'll need to crack on at a reasonable pace - if someone wants to offer to lead a steadier ride that night it might be an idea.

Please post expressions of interest!

by SteveW Thu May 23, 2013 8:27 pm
Hi Debs,

I'm definitely interested, but that Wednesday evening I'm working ! Any chance of shifting it to the week before or the one after ? Pretty please ?

Steve

by Debs Thu May 30, 2013 7:08 pm
Hi Steve

Sorry just catching up with email and stuff! I'll have a look at my diary and get back to you...most likely it'd be the week before I think but I will confirm to you.

Cheers
Debs

by Debs Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:28 pm
Hi Steve (and All)

I've discussed a date change with the other people who have said that they can make the 3rd July and if I move it before some can't make it, and equally if i move it after some can't make it :( Can't please all of the people all of the time.

I think that we'll stick with 3rd July and if the weather if truly horrendous we can do it the week after but for "official" planning purposes I'll stick with the 3rd....sorry Steve!!!

Debs

by Debs Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:55 pm
Just bumping this to the top.

We'll be meeting at 6:30/6.45ish at The Hole of Horcum. I guess we'll get back at midnightish/1am.

So far there's me, Kazled, Emma, SteveW and probably Alan.

If you are coming, in addition to normal kit, you will need LIGHTS - front and back; MONEY for fish & chips; Spare Layer of clothing; Sense of Adventure. I have not recced the route so there will be some map phaff along the way.

POST IF YOU ARE COMING.
Thanks

by Alan Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:55 pm
Hi Debs,
I'll be there.
Alan R