Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Danders Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:40 pm
We've been talking about this almost every wednesday night for the last couple of months - well now it's here!!

The clocks have moved forward and when we cycle the great light in the sky shall shine apon us (for a bit...)

We will meet north of Hawnby, take the road north from the village for about a mile, cross the cattle grid and park on the right.

18:45 for a 19:00 start, - about 2 hours of riding

there is bound to be snow on the ground, and lights will be needed for sure. We'll see how far we get, but i've a good route in mind and a few options to play with depending on conditions.

As ever, please post if you're coming, (if you dont post and you run late then we wont have waited for you...)

by lugster77 Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:37 pm
Count me in
Andy

by SteveW Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:10 pm
Dave,

Sounds fantastic, and the weather should be good too. Unfortunately I have another engagement with visitors from Scotland, so can't come this week :cry: . I'd be interested to know what route you have planned - I'll catch up with you sometime.

Regards,

Steve

by Debs Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:36 am
See you there!

by kazled Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:33 pm
Aaach... it better still be sunny! see you there.

by lugster77 Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:15 am
Excellent ride last night cheers. That sandy stuff was hard going! See you in a few weeks

by lugster77 Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:28 pm
Turns out my brake problem of losing its fluid was down to a cracked/corroded master cylinder! Slightly disappointing after a year of less than hard service. It the moral of the story is don't use washing up liquid to wash bikes! :roll: