Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by SteveW Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:27 pm
Hi all,

I've just become free tomorrow for a ride, so anyone want to join me ? The weather looks good.

As for the ride, I was thinking of the moors, but venue open to suggestion. Dalby will probably be quite chewed up due to recent weather, so I was thinking of a days ride somewhere on the moors.

Any takers and route preferences ? If no preferences, I'll post later with route, meeting venue and timings.

I have space for a bike or two if required...

Steve W
by johnr9_2000 Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:22 pm
Hi Steve,

I'd be up for a trip tomorrow. I'd prefer to start early but I'm free all day. I've got space for two additional bikes also if any one needs a lift.

John

by brianf Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:47 pm
Hi

Would also like to join you and have PMed you both regarding a Lift.

Brian

by kazled Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:48 pm
Hi Steve, what's the plan for tomorrow? I well fancy a bike ride!! What sort of time do you think we'll be back in York?

Karen

by SteveW Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:12 pm
Hi all,

Thanks for the interest and the company ! Seeing as no-one voiced any preferences, how about the following:

Meet at Hutton Le Hole car park at 0900 (grid ref 705902) where there are toilets. Ride from Hutton Le Hole on the road to Lastingham, then up onto the Moors, near Ana Cross, and down into Rosedale. Cross the valley, start on the old railway line, then divert off back across the valley for some medium technical interest with an off road climb up to the Lion Inn (or we can simply continue round the old railway to the Lion Inn). Follow the old railway line round to Bloworth Crossing, then depending on time, potentially add a short loop north along Greenhow Bank, and back through the woods and return to Bloworth Crossing, then continue down Rudland Rigg, through Gillamoor and back to the cars. There should be an open cafe in Hutton Le Hole if anyone wants to finish with a drink / snack.

Time is subject to our fitness and abilities, but I would expect something around 5-6 hours (roughly).

Any thoughts ? If you're ok with this, please text me on 07788 728547 so I can arrange lifts with those that want them.

See you tomorrow,

Steve

by Ros Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:19 am
Oh poo! Its 08.17 on Saturday morning. Sorry I didn't see this sooner :(
Hope you had a good ride :)