Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Danders Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:55 pm
Ok, feedback from Dalby is that its rideable so lets do it!

Low Dalby car park 18:45 for a 19:00 start - bring lights (and note to self - bring shoes! :shock: ).

As ever, please post if you're coming (no posts = no ride)

David
by Dr Joe Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:21 am
Hello, i am usually one to go out on the weekend rides(both saturday and sunday) and i am looking at joining in a few Mountain runs, although i have done dalby a few times before i haven't done it at night. what is the ride like ? am i likely to be ok ? if so i'd been quite keen to join in

by Danders Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:10 pm
I should think from a fitness point you'll be ok.

We all run big lights with a run time >2hrs, and this is pretty essential regardless of what you ride or how you ride it.

Our pace as a group can be quite varied, some people are faster/slower than others depending on the situation, and we always wait for people at fire roads etc as we cant go leaving people lost or lonely in the dark.

As to what it's like.....
Ever stepped off a ski lift after a couple of years of not ski-ing, pointed at the bottom of the mountain, dived into a gully and then absolutely nailed it (in a snow blizard with one eye full of grit)? Well, the good sections are a bit like that, only a little bit slower. When the world goes black your either in the air or you've just face planted. The fire road climbs always feel a lot longer.

Ive been mountain biking for 15 years, recently invested in lights and just cant believe how good this is!

You'd be welcome I'm sure - we do about 2hrs biking. Sometimes with a stop at pub on way home.

D

by SteveW Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:00 pm
Dave,

Can't come tomorrow I'm afraid due to another commitment, but have a good ride, and I'd be interested to hear what Dalby is like at the moment !

Regards, Steve

by Danders Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:06 am
Ok Steve, next week perhaps. Paul rode Dalby at weekend and says it's fine so expect it to be ok. :D
by Alan Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:48 pm
I will be there.
Alan R

by Ros Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:36 pm
Can't tonight Danders, sorry - Chris coming home from Ireland. Hopefully next week....... :)

by Dr Joe Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:41 pm
Due to traffic i am sorry i couldnt make the ride, by the time i got home from work it was 6:40 PM !!! shame especially as i just serviced the bike and was looking forward to riding at night :cry:

hopfully i make the next one, i hope the ride went well and that you all had a good time