Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by kazled Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:49 pm
Hi all,

I've missed my bike this week so need to get out on Wednesday. Meet 6.45 at the visitor centre car park as usual for Dalby in the snow!

Karen

by Paul S Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:34 pm
Hello,

I'll be there, should be great fun in the snow :)

Paul

by Ros Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:07 pm
Hi Karen
If we can find Chris a good headlight tomorrow afternoon - we'll be there. I'll text you around 5ish to confirm whether or not we are coming :D

by kazled Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:47 pm
Hi again all-

Ros. Don't have any spares here I'm afraid. Are you looking to buy or borrow?

I saw Dalby's Fbook status today which said this:

"Hi everyone.
It started snowing here about an hour ago and its still snowing. But it isn't the nice white fluffy snow it is the sleet so it is going to be very wet. No one has been riding the trails therefore there is no established line so it is going to be hard work, very deep, wet, mushy and slippy. Its going to be limited as to what we can actually try and ride whilst having fun! Forestry Commission has also advised us that there is NO access for emergency vehicles & as the trails are closed, we don't know what condition they are in. Best we should cancel because in all probability it would have been a wet walk with an expensive and heavy handbag :-)"

SO... not sure how much that will have changed by tomorrow. I will check in the afternoon and post again re whether it seems like a good idea or not!

Watch this space...

Karen

by Ros Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:21 am
Hi Karen - probably looking to buy, bit of a big ask to expect to be able to borrow given the cost - me thinks :D

Await your posting re conditions of Dalby :)

by kazled Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:13 pm
Hi all, I just spoke to the man at dalby bike barn. He says the trails haven't been ridden and we are likely to be pushing through a lot of thick wet snow. He reckons it won't be a fun riding experience so I think I'll take his advice and cancel.

Sorry everyone, maybe next week!

Karen

by Ros Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:29 pm
Thanks Karen, see you next week :D

by Danders Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:12 pm
Thanks for letting us know. Very disappointing, but not keen on pushing/ carrying

Yours, Tinkywinky

by SteveW Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:18 pm
Karen,

Thanks for the updates - we'll try again next week !

Steve W