Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by lugster77 Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:30 am
Anybody fancy Irish gravity enduro 19/20 may next year? I've entered. It's €45 entry until the end of the year and increases a little after that. Was planning on going as foot passenger with bike and getting train across. Never done any of these before but looks a good laugh!
Website is www.gravityenduro.ie for more info
Cheers
Andy

by Paul meillo Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:55 am
Im realy keen on entering some enduro races next year ,but not so keen on traveling to Ireland to do one.
If you are thinking of entering any nearer home please let know.
Paul.

by SimonW Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:18 pm
Hi Andy,

I did rounds 1&3 of the Fettish gravity enduro earlier this year, they were great fun. Unfortunatly I can't make the one in Ireland next year but might be interested the year after.

Simon

by Ian S Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:15 pm
I'll be doing most of the UK rounds next year, but don't think I can stretch to the Irish ones aswell.

Have been doing the Uk rounds for the last two years, so would be good to have a Clifton team. What do you say?

by lugster77 Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:27 pm
Original post should have said "considering entering" lol
I'm a possible for rounds 1,2,4 of the uk series - HOW definite depends on if I can persuade my new wife to spend Easter weekend in a forest, and I need to get the weekend off work for the 2nd round. Will know more definitely when venues are announced sometime in the new year. Anybody else keen ?

by Paul meillo Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:09 pm
Next year, if you lads want to get together to do some enduro style training ,eg riding decending lines ,Dalby ,Stainburn,Silton etc.
Might be an idea. Ive never done a enduro race before so it would be good to get some feed back from people that have.
Paul.

by Ian S Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:00 pm
The Gravity Enduro finally lands at Clifton ;-)

I have a bit of a home made training programme I'm using to prepare for next year (part professional advice/part experience/part trial and error).

That said, when I entered my first GES two years ago, the only preparation I made was trying to ride my bike more often. The events are all about having a good time with like minded riders, and getting plenty of VFM from a weekends riding.

If you fancy a meet up and natter about having a go next year, I'm happy chat over a drink:-)

by lugster77 Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:34 pm
Rising more often is about the only prep I was planning haha with the resulting fitness benefits too. I've no ideas of being competitive just finishing 2nd last will do for me :D Meeting up sounds good, try get a date in new year for interested parties?

by SimonW Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:50 am
How about this for our first team event?

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/event ... smition-TT

Transmition is the Red decent from the transmitter, who'd 'av thought!

It was part of the Hamsterly GE this year and cost be a broken rib, so me and it have buisness!

Simon

by Paul meillo Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:42 pm
Thanks for the link Simon ,Ive entered the Transmittion TT.
any one else?

by lugster77 Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:26 am
Bah! am away weekend of transmition , looks a good intro event!

by SimonW Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:49 am
I've entered too

Any more?

by lugster77 Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:50 pm
The ukge locations have been announced I see
1- 23/24 march Bryn Betws bike park
2- 27/28 April, innerleithen (to be confirmed)
3- 25/26 may, hamsterley
4- 17/18 aug, dyfi
5- 7/8 sept, triscombe or cyb (TBC)

As it stands due to work and other commitments I'm only able to make round 4 :-(
Best get hunting for some other events lol

by Ian S Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:16 pm
Hi Lugster,

where did you find the venues? I've seen them elsewhere in a different order. Hope you can make a round or two...